National Sugar Institute (NSI), Kanpur announced for the Admission of academic session 2021-22
- The Government of India had started the institute of Sugar Technology at Kanpur in October 1936, by the sugar section of Harcourt Butler Technological Institute, (H . B .T . I) in Kanpur . The sugar section H . B . T . I existed from the year 1926 .
- The name of the Institute was changed from H.B.T.I to Indian Institute of Sugar Technology Technology (I .I.S.T) After Independence of the India’s ,
- From 1st January, 1954 , the administrative control of the Institute was shifted to the Government of India, under the Ministry of Food and Agriculture.
- In April, 1957 , the name of the Institute was again changed from I.I.ST to National Sugar Institute . (N .S.I)
- The Institute caters to the technical workforce requirements of Sugar & allied Industry, institute conducts Fellowship/Post Graduate Diploma/Certificate Courses in Sugar Technology, Sugar Engineering and Alcohol Technology disciplines . All these Post Graduate Diploma Courses are approved by All India Council for Technical Education.
National Sugar Institute (NSI), Kanpur offered the following courses :
1. [ANSI (ST)] P.G. Diploma in Sugar Technology
Eligibility : B.Sc. with Chemistry. Physics & Mathematics or Bachelor Degree in Chemical. Engineering.
2. [ANSI (SE)] P.G. Diploma in Sugar Engineering
Eligibility : Bachelor’s Degree or A.M.I.E (from The Institution of Engineers India) in Mechanical / Production / Electrical./ Electrical & Electronics
3.[DIFAT]P. G. Diploma in Industrial Fermentation and Alcohol Technology
Eligibility : B.Sc. with Chemistry / Applied Chemistry./ Industrial Chemistry/Bio -Chemistry. as one of the subject. or B.Tech. in Bio-Technology./ Chemical Engg.or Bio-Chemical Engg.
4.[ DSPMM] P.G. Diploma in Sugarcane Productivity & Maturity Management
Eligibility :B.Sc/ B.Sc.Agriculture
5 [DIIPA] P.G. Diploma in Industrial Instrumentation & Process Automation
Eligibility :Bachelor’s Degree or A.M.I.E (from The Institution of Engineers,India) in Electronics & instrumentation/Electronics/Instrumentation/ Electrical & Electronics/ Applied Electronics & Instrumentation.
6 [DQCES] P.G Diploma course in Quality control and Environmental science
Eligibility :B.Sc. with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or zoology, Botany, Chemistry/B.Sc. with environmental science/ B.Sc. Bio-technology or B.Tech. in Bio-Technology.
7.[SBCC] Sugar Boiling Certificate Course
Eligibility :Matriculate/ High School with Science/ Agriculture. Exp:-One season (of minimum 90 days) experience of pan-operation in a vacuum pan sugar factory along with nomination
8.[SECC] Sugar Engineering Certificate Course
Eligibility :Diploma in Engineering Mechanical / Production / Electrical./ Electrical & Electronics.
9.[CCQC] Certificate Course in Quality Control
Eliogibility :12th Standard in Science (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics).
10.F.N.S.I.in Sugar Technology/ Sugar Chemistry .
11. F.N.S.I. in Sugar Engineering
12. F.N.S.I. in Fermentation Technology.
Eligibility for the courses of ANSI(ST) for FNSI in Sugar Technology/Sugar Chemistry, ANSI(SE) for FNSI in Sugar Engg.& DIFAT for FNSI in Fermentation Technology : Application for F.N.S.I. in Sugar Technology & Sugar Engineering should be sponsored by a sugar factory for carrying out the research works conducting in this course. Similarly, in the same way for the application for F.N.S.I in Fermentation Technology.
Note : For courses of the above ANSI(ST), ANSI(SE), DIFAT, DSPMM, DIIPA, SECC CCQC, also can be apply of the final year appearing candidates.
IMPORTANT DATES AND INFORMATION FOR ON-LINE APPLICATION
On- line submission of application forms : From 19th April 2021
Last date or receipt of downloaded print outs of duly filled & signed application forms at NSI Kanpur : 2nd July 2021
Last date for submission of On-line Applications (For Indians) : 25th June 2021
Last date for submission of On-line Applications (For Foreigners ) : 28th May 2021
IMPORTANT DATES AND INFORMATION FOR ON-LINE & OFF LINE APPLICATION
Application Fee –For all candidates except SC/ST Rs. : 1500/-
Application Fee –For SC /ST Candidates Rs. 1000/-
Application expense to be sent as DD drawn in favor of “Director, National Sugar Institute” payable at Kanpur
Downloading of Admit Cards from web site by all applicants from 9th July 2021
Admission Test conducting : 18th July 2021 (Sunday) to be held at Chennai , Delhi , Kanpur, Kolkata, Patna, meerut and Gorakhpur & Pune
For further details and for applying Online, visit the website https://nsi.gov.in/
For National Sugar Institute (NSI), Kanpur- Admission Prospectus and for Brochure purpose go through the following links
Sugar Industry Related Important Websites | sugar Technology.
Sugar Tech | Sugar Technology related articles .
Sugar Industry Equipment Design and Drawing Online Calculations.
Thumb Rules for Sugar factory Equipment Design Sizing.
Kanada(September 7, 2022 - 8:17 am)
Does the institute issues PhD in Sugar Technology by research for foreigners ?
siva alluri(October 1, 2022 - 3:32 pm)
No, it is website providing some idea about sugar industry operations