Formulas for Calculating Sugar Industry Daily Manufacturing Report (DMR) With Simple Online Calculator
- 1 Formulas for Calculating Sugar Industry Daily Manufacturing Report (DMR) With Simple Online Calculator
- 1.1 Fundamental formula :
- 1.2 2. Sugar balance :
- 1.3 3.Mill Extraction (M E).
- 1.4 4. Fibre % Bagasse :
- 1.5 5. Added water%fiber
- 1.6 6. Reduced Mill extraction :
- 1.7 Noel Deer and Mittal
- 1.9 7. Clarification Factor:
- 1.10 8. Theoretical Final Molasses % cane :
- 1.11 9. Expected Recovery
- 1.12 10. Pol balance
- 1.13 11. Boiling House Control
- 1.14 On line calculation sheet for Daily Manufacturing Report (DMR) in sugar process industry
Fundamental formula :
- In put = out put
- Cane + Added water = Gross mixed juice + bagasse
- If cane is 100 than 100 + Added water% cane = M. J. % cane + Bag. % cane.
- Drit correction % M.Jc
- Quantity of Drit in MT = Gross mixed juice x Drit correction % M.Jc
- Net M.Jc in MT = Gross mixed juice – Qty of Drit in MT
- ( Note: Here to be take Net M.Jc in MT)
2. Sugar balance :
- Sugar (pol) in cane =Sugar (pol) in mixed juice + Sugar (pol) in bagasse
- Sugar (pol) % cane = Sugar (pol) in M.jc % cane + Sugar (pol) in Bagasse%cane
3.Mill Extraction (M E).
- The quantity of sugar extracted in the mixed juice per 100 sugar in cane i.e. percentage of sugar extracted in the mixed juice out of total sugar in cane.
4. Fibre % Bagasse :
- Bagasse = fiber + Moisture + Brix
- Fiber= Bagasse – Moisture – Brix
- If bag =100 Then, fibre % bag = 100 – moist %bag – Brix % bagasse
- Moisture % bag & Pol% Bag. are determined directly by analysis of bagasse.
- Brix% Bagasse
- While determining brix % bagasse, it is assumed that purity of residual juice in bagasse is same as purity of last expressed juice.
- Fiber % cane:
5. Added water%fiber
6. Reduced Mill extraction :
Noel Deer and Mittal
- Noel Deer proposed formula to reduce the extraction to common basis of 12.5% fiber, that is called as Reduced Mill Extraction (RME Noel Deer)
- For unit juice in cane ‘e’ is mill extraction.
- Then juice lose in bagasse will be (1 – e )
- Assume that unit cane contains ‘f’ fiber, then unit cane contains (1-f) juice.
- Therefore juice lost per unit cane will be (1-e) (1-f).
- The unit cane contains ‘f’ fiber.Therefore juice lost in bagasse per unit fiber will
- Pbc = Pol in Bag. % cane, Pc = Pol% Cane, Fc = Fiber. % Cane.
7. Clarification Factor:
- Good clarification means better sugar, less losses and unsatisfactory clarification means (results in) production of inferior quality of sugar with poor keeping quality and higher manufacture losses.
- N .S. in M.J.% cane = Bx.% M.J. x M.J.% cane – Pol% M.J. x M.J. % cane.
- Pol in CJ % cane = Pol in M.J. % cane – Pol in F.C. % cane.
- N.S. in C.J. % cane = Bx.in C.J.% cane – Pol in CJ % cane
- Non sugars removal %cane = Non sugars in M.J % cane – Non sugar in c.Jc % cane
- Clarification Factor = 100 – Clarification efficiency
8. Theoretical Final Molasses % cane :
- Non Sugars % F.M = Brix % F.M – Pol % F.M
9. Expected Recovery
- S = Purity Of final product(sugar)
- J = M.Jc Purity
- M = Final Molasses Purity
- Expected Recovery = Pol in C.Jc % cane x SJM factor – Unknown losses (Note:Here to be take estimated unknown losses )
10. Pol balance
- Pol % cane =Pol in M.J.% cane+ Pol in Bag % Cane
- (Note : Here to be take Theoretical Final Molasses % cane)
- (Note : Sugar % cane means recovery%cane )
- Total Losses =Pol % cane – Pol in Sugar % cane.
- Total Losses = Losses in (Bag. + F.C + F.M. + Unknown)
- Unknown losses = Total losses – Determined losses
- Unknown losses = Total losses – Losses in (Bag. + F.C + F.M.) (Note: It may differ 0.01 to 0.02 from estimated unknown losses)
11. Boiling House Control
E.S.G ( Equivalent Standard Granulated) Factor :
- The term Standard Granulated used to indicate the finest commercial product and considered as equivalent to pure sugar
- The term E.S.G is used to indicate the finess of the commercial sugar and denoted by sugar(product) in very clean form. The commercial sugar is expressed in terms of standard granulate.
- E.S.G form for commercial sugar apply S-J-M formula where S=100, M= actual purity of molasses and J= purity of sugar.
Boiling House Recovery (BHR)
- The value of ration of sucrose (pol) in commercial sugar produced to the sucrose (pol) in mixed juice.
Basic boiling house recovery (BBHR):
- The theoretical Boiling House Recovery as calculated by S-J-m formula in which J in purity of M.J. and S=100 and m=28.57
Reduced Boiling House Recovery (Noel Deerr)
- Where Mv =Virtual Final molasses purity
- Where R = BHR = sugar in pol % cane / Pol in M.Jc %cane
- J= M.Jc Purity (Unit value)
Reduced Boiling House Recovery (Gundurao)
- Where r = BHR
- K = N.S. in clear juice % cane / N.S.in M.J.% cane
- M = Final molasses purity
- J = M.Jc Purity
In the next revision of the article will provide all formulas related to chemical control calculation.
On line calculation sheet for Daily Manufacturing Report (DMR) in sugar process industry
Wetting rate concepts and formulas for evaporators calculations | Wetting rate in Robert type evaporators.
Calculator to Find liquid volume for vertically mounted cylindrical volume and also find the volume in cylindrical tank partitioned portion.
Formulas for Sugar Industry boiling house stock calculation ( SJM formula, Available Sugar and Available Molasses) with online calculator.
Formula for evaluating Horizontal Cylinder volume at different levels (vacuum crystallizer volume at different sight glass levels) with online calculator.
Phosphoric Acid(H3PO4) in sugar process industry and online calculator to find required dosing quantity in kgs with online calculator.
Hi friends Thanks for reading. I Hope you liked it. Give feed back, comments and please don’t forget to share it